Hey folks! Well it’s very exciting here at Deep Dive HQ, as we’re only TWO WEEKS AWAY from the first stage of principal photography! The following scholars will be sitting down with us at the end of June or during July.
- Michael Bird from Ridley College, Melbourne
- Chris Forbes from Macquarie University, Sydney
- Shushma Malik from the University of QLD, Brisbane
- David Runia from the University of Melbourne, Melbourne
- Geoffrey Dunn from the Australian Catholic University, Brisbane
- Raphael Lataster from the University of Sydney, Sydney
And we have another couple who we are still trying to confirm dates. They are a diverse bunch – some are on the conservative side of religious scholarship, a couple are Christian but in more the middle (ie willing to agree that not everything in the Bible is authentic), and a couple are atheists.
So we’re off to a great start. I am happy to report that all of the scholars we’ve spoken to are very excited about the film and think it sounds like something that is much needed. The plan at the moment is to shoot as much as we can in Australia and then head overseas to interview some of the big names in American and England later in the year. Thanks again for all of your support!